The Mareeba CBD Traffic Management Study is a joint initiative between Mareeba Shire Council and the Department of Transport and Main Roads.
As part of the study, an assessment of current traffic conditions at priority sites on state and council-controlled roads has been completed.
Council is now seeking community feedback on the planned traffic changes to the three council sites. Staged upgrade options to address current safety and capacity issues will be developed. Works will be completed as funds become available.
Planned Changes to Traffic Conditions
Mareeba Shire Council identified three (3) priority sites on Council roads for assessment during the study:
- Rankin Street/Walsh Street intersection and round-about layout;
- Walsh Street traffic flow and accesses to Coles and Target customer car parks; and the
- Herberton and Constance Streets intersection.
AECOM Pty Ltd, a business with extensive experience in traffic management assessments, investigated the sites and recommended changes to the traffic conditions to improve safety and capacity.
Council is keen to hear your feedback on the planned changes to the traffic conditions at these three sites on Council roads. The community feedback will be considered to finalise the study.
Council is keen to hear your feedback on the planned changes to the traffic conditions at these three sites on Council roads. The community feedback will be considered to finalise the study. You can complete the online survey or download the feedback sheet provided and return your had copy to;
- Mareeba Customer Service Centre or the Mareeba Library
- Post to: CBD Study Feedback, PO Box 154, Mareeba QLD 4880
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Feedback closes 5pm 22 June 2018.