To ensure your waste is collected on your collection day, please ensure that your wheelie bin is placed out adjacent to the kerbside in front of your premises the night before collection. Access to the bin must be unobstructed for collection vehicles. For any inquiries regarding kerbside rubbish collection please call 1300 308 461.
When is my Collection Day?
When is my Collection Time?
Collection times can vary from week to week. Put your wheelie bin out the night before collection so you don’t miss your service.
How many bins can I put out?
You may only put out one wheelie bin per residence for waste collection unless you have arranged for additional services with Council.
- If you have missed your waste collection service, you may take your waste to your local Transfer Station for disposal.
- Council strives to ensure the most efficient waste collection service for its ratepayers. To maintain a cost-effective service, repetitive claims of missed collections are being monitored by Council. In the event that Council identifies a person making repetitive, non-genuine claims about a missed collection service, the Council may take action under the Environmental Protection Regulation 2008.
- If you have a genuine missed collection, please call 1300308461.
Mobile Garbage Bins
Eligible properties will be provided with Mobile Garbage Bins (MGBs) for the purpose of disposing domestic waste and MGBs will remain the property of Council/the Contractor.
It is the responsibility of the householder to ensure MGBs are utilised for their intended purpose and not damaged by means other than due to the fair wear and tear under operation of the kerbside collection service.
Replacement of Mobile Garbage Bins
Mobile Garbage Bins (MGBs) damaged due to the fair wear and tear of the kerbside collection service may be replaced by Council/the Contractor.
Replacement of an MGB by means other than through fair wear and tear, for example damage caused by burning, will be subject to replacement by the landowner and will incur a fee.
If a bin is lost or stolen, Customer Service create a Customer Request to the Waste Department and they will investigate and advise the customer if there is a charge or if it’s free.
However if the bin is lost or stolen the second time, an enquiry is sort by Waste Department who will conduct an investigation and advise the customer if there is a fee for the replacement bin.
Replacement bin enquiries can be addressed to Council’s Customer Service team by visiting Contact Council – Mareeba Shire Council (msc.qld.gov.au).
Did you know that on average, each Mareeba Shire household throws out 800kg of rubbish a year in their wheelie bin?
Remember be wheelie wise
- Place your bin on the kerbside of the road the night before collection
- The wheelie bin must be accessible for collection trucks
- The bin lid must be able to close
- One wheelie bin per residence
- Use an approved wheelie bin
- Keep your wheelie bin clean and in good repair
- After collection, return it to your property promptly
- Secure all rubbish placed in the bin e.g. bag or wrap up loose items
- Ensure that rubbish is not smouldering or aflame