Nominations for Mareeba Shire Council’s 2022 Australia Day Awards are now open.
These prestigious Awards are presented at a ceremony that coincides with Council’s Australia Day and Citizenship Ceremony.
Please complete the form below to nominate an inspiring individual, group or community event.
Alternatively, download a copy of the nomination form here: Australia Day Nomination Form 2022.
Conditions of Entry
- Nominations must be received by 3:00 pm Monday, 6 December 2021.
- All nominees must be residents of the Mareeba Shire Council local government area.
- The nominees achievements must be in a volunteer capacity, not a part of their employment.
- Entries must include a Nomination Form, accompanied with a statement of achievement (300-500 words) explaining why the individual or event should be considered for an Australia Day Award.
- Every nomination must be supported by two referees.
- Incomplete Nomination Forms will not be considered.
- A nomination will be deemed ineligible if the field of service is illegal or if the Australia Day Awards committee considers it would diminish the integrity of Council and/or the awards.
- Completed entries must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to PO Box 154, Mareeba QLD 4880.
The judging panel will consist of the Mayor and two independent citizens in the community. They will make their decisions based on merit for each award and the information provided with the nomination forms.
The panel’s decisions is final, and no correspondence will be entered into about the decision.
The Nomination Form requires the nominator to respond to the following:
- Please provide details of how the individual / event has made a significant contribution to the community during 2021 (including positions held/activities undertaken), and explain why the person, group or event should be recognised.
- If not already detailed above, please consider providing additional information to assist the Judging Panel. This may include;
- How has the nominee made an outstanding contribution to the local community?
- How is the nominee an inspirational role model for the community?
- What degree of sacrifice or difficulty has the nominee experienced in their pursuits?
- What personal goals and objectives has the nominee achieved?
- How the event has made a significant contribution to the community (culturally, socially and economically)?
- Nominees and Award recipients will be acknowledged appropriately in line with COVID-19 restrictions.
- Winners will be announced in January 2022 in conjunction with Australia Day.