Skip to main content

Mareeba Shire Council Travel Permits

By March 31, 2020June 18th, 2020No Comments

Travel Permits within Mareeba Shire

Mareeba Shire Council is no longer required to issue travel permits. Please visit the Queensland Government’s website for current travel information.

For more information about travel to remote communities see travel restrictions to remote communities.

Advice MSC has received is as follows:

  • The checkpoint remains in place and will essentially continue to operate with the same configuration
  • The new process for travel beyond Mareeba Shire and into the restricted area will be through proof of identity/residency by referring of the following forms of identification (not exhaustive):
    • Drivers licence
    • 18+ card
    • Centrelink Card – customer reference number contains 9 numbers and ends in a letter
    • Passport – not expired more than 2 years
    • Birth certificate (not an extract)
    • Health insurance card
    • Medicare card including numbers in family Motor vehicle registration / Electricity account
    • Letter from CEO / Mayor verifying they are a resident
  • Any of the above forms of identification would also be useful for Mareeba residents/workers needing to pass through the checkpoint while remaining in the Shire for efficient transition.