Sustainable Planning Act 2009
MAREEBA SHIRE COUNCIL
LOCAL GOVERNMENT INFRASTRUCTURE PLAN
Notice is given under the (repealed) Sustainable Planning Act 2009 and the Statutory Guideline 01/16 Making and amending local planning instruments that on 5 November 2018 Mareeba Shire Council adopted an amendment to the Mareeba Shire Council Planning Scheme 2016 to include the Local Government Infrastructure Plan (LGIP).
The amendment of the Mareeba Shire Council Planning Scheme 2016 will commence on 9 November 2018.
The purpose and general effect of the LGIP is to:
- Integrate infrastructure planning with land use planning identified in the planning scheme;
- Provide transparency regarding Council’s intentions for the provision of trunk infrastructure;
- Enable Council to estimate the cost of infrastructure provision to assist its long term financial planning;
- Ensure that trunk infrastructure is planned and provided in an efficient and orderly manner; and
- Provide a basis for the imposition of conditions about infrastructure on development approvals.
A copy of the amended Mareeba Shire Council Planning Scheme 2016 is available on Council’s website; www.msc.qld.gov.au/planning or for inspection or purchase at Mareeba Shire Council Chambers, located at 65 Rankin Street, Mareeba.
If you have any enquiries about the LGIP, please contact Council’s Planning and Development Department on 1300 308 461.
Chief Executive Officer