Sustainable Planning Act 2009
PUBLIC CONSULTATION OF PROPOSED LOCAL GOVERNMENT
INFRASTRUCTURE PLAN (LGIP) AMENDMENT
In accordance with the (repealed) Sustainable Planning Act 2009 and Statutory Guideline 01/16, Mareeba Shire Council gives notice that the proposed Local Government Infrastructure Plan (LGIP) amendment to the Mareeba Shire Council Planning Scheme 2016 is available for public consultation.
The proposed LGIP amendment when adopted will replace the existing Part 4 – Priority Infrastructure Plan in the Mareeba Shire Council Planning Scheme 2016.
Public consultation period
The public consultation period for the proposed LGIP amendment is between Thursday 16 August 2018 and Wednesday 26 September 2018. During the public consultation period, the proposed LGIP amendment and supporting material will be available for viewing and purchase at Mareeba Shire Council Chambers, 65 Rankin Street, Mareeba. They will also be available for viewing and download below.
Any person can make a written submission about any aspect of the proposed LGIP amendment. A properly made submission must:
- be in writing (including by electronic means)
- include the full name and residential or business address of each person
making the submission
- be signed by each person making the submission (unless received by electronic means)
- state the grounds of the submission and the facts and circumstances relied on in support of the grounds
- be made to Mareeba Shire Council
- be received by council before 5pm on Thursday 26 September 2018
Submissions can be lodged by:
- email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- by post to Mareeba Shire Council, PO Box 154, Mareeba Qld 4880
- in person at Mareeba Shire Council Chambers, 65 Rankin Street, Mareeba
For enquiries of further details phone 1300 308 461 or email email@example.com