Within the Mareeba Shire, roads are classified as either Main Road or Council Road. Main Roads are rural arterial roads. The Council road network consists of sealed, gravelled, formed and unformed roads.

Funding for construction and maintenance of rural arterial and rural local roads comes from the Department of Main Roads on a contract basis.

New works for Council roads are funded from loans raised by Council, revenue and subsidy receipts from State Government.

To report a problem with a road, submit an online request here or call 1300 308 461.

View up to date traffic and travel information by clicking here