Overall Winner: Chillagoe Waters by Bernd Seidl
Winner (People): Lene and Ruby by Tricia Windhaus
Winner (Places): Barron Falls, Kuranda by Buck Richardson
Highly commended: Bushman by Kelly Parker
Calling all local photographers!
Entries close: 5pm Friday 19 January 2018.
Mareeba Shire Council is running a digital photo competition to showcase the people and places of the Shire.
The competition will run in conjunction with Australia Day celebrations.
- People (a person must be the main subject of the image ie. action shot or portrait)
- Place (landscape)
- Prize money:
- Overall prize: $250
- People: $100
- Places: $100
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- This competition is open to residents and visitors of the Mareeba Shire.
- Entries should be submitted via email to email@example.com. The email message must include the entrant’s name and location of the photograph. The image files must be between 3MB and 5MB. Entrants should include their own name, address and telephone number. We regret that we are unable to accept postal entries.
- All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photographic competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
- Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing the Competition, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to Mareeba Shire Council to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
- Entries Close: 5pm Friday 19 January 2017
- Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
- The winning entries will be that that is judged to be the most visually appealing, original and self-explanatory. The winners will be notified within seven days of the closing date of the competition.
For Further information, please contact Rob Blake on 1300 308 461.