Reef to Reef is Australia’s newest MTB stage race taking place over four days in the heart of Tropical North Queensland from Thursday 9 to Sunday 12 August 2018.
Starting on the reef fringed Coral Sea coast it quickly heads inland across a network of trails through tablelands, hinterland, farm lands, MTB parks, and tropical rainforest before finishing back at the coast four days and 195 km’s later. Each day’s stage has its own unique terrain and character to keep things interesting with a mix of fast flowing single trail, farm track, groomed downhill trails and fire trails – many through private land that can only be ridden while racing the Reef to Reef.
There’s nothing too technical but enough to get your attention including 4000m of vertical climbing. Achievable for anyone with a reasonable level of fitness and MTB skills.
The Reef to Reef Queensland is a sister event to the Port to Port in N.S.W. and the Cape to Cape in W.A., making up the newly formed triple crown of Australian multi-stage MTB racing.
For more information visit the Reef to Reef website.
Key details and dates:
- Reef to Reef – 9 – 12 August 2018, Solo or Teams options
- Stage 1 – Smithfield MTB Park. Distance 30km
- Stage 2 – Davies Creek MTB Park. Distance 50km
- Stage 3 – Mount Molloy to Wetherby Station. Distance 60km
- Stage 4 – Mount Molloy to Port Douglas. Distance 55km
- Triple-R 12 August 2018
- 35km Classic and 70km Endurance ride options