Nominations for Mareeba Shire Council’s 2020 Australia Day Awards are now open. Please complete the form below to nominate an inspiring individual, group or community event. If nominating an individual or group for an Australia Day Award, please complete the fields under Induvial / Group. If nominating an event (ie. community or charity event) please complete the fields under Event.
Conditions of Entry
- Nominations must be received by 3.00pm Monday 16 December 2019
- Winners will be announced at Council’s Australia Day Awards Ceremony.
- Entries must include a nomination form accompanied with a statement of achievement (300-500 words) explaining why the individual or event should be considered for an Australia Day award.
- Every nomination must provide two referees.
- Entries must be posted to PO Box 154 Mareeba Q 4880 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Incomplete nomination forms will not be considered.
- A nomination will be deemed ineligible if the field of service is illegal or if the Australia Day Awards committee considers it would diminish the integrity of Council and/or the awards.
- All nominees must be residents of the Mareeba Shire Council local government area.
- The nominee achievements must be in a volunteer capacity.
The judging panel will consist of the Mayor and two independent citizens in the community. They will make their decisions based on merit for each award and the information provided with the nomination forms.
The panel’s decisions is final and no correspondence will be entered into about the decision.
Please provide details of how the individual / event has made a significant contribution to the community during 2019 (including positions held/activities undertaken), and explain why the person, group or event should be recognised. Consider the following:
- How has the nominee made an outstanding contribution to the local community?
- What personal goals and objectives has the nominee achieved?
- How is the nominee an inspirational role model for the community?
- What degree of sacrifice or difficulty has the nominee experienced in their pursuits?
- How the event has made a significant contribution to the community (culturally, socially and economically)?
- All nominees will receive an invitation to Mareeba Shire Council’s Awards Ceremony.
- The Mayor and Councillors of Mareeba Shire Council will present the awards at the ceremony.
- Award recipients will receive a medallion/ trophy.
Nominations must be received by 3.00pm Monday 16 December 2019