Nominations are now open for the Mareeba Shire Council and The Express Newspaper Christmas Lights Competition and residents are encouraged to light up for Christmas!
Nominations needs to be received by 5pm on Friday, 9 December 2022. Judging will take place between 12 and 14 December 2022.
Nomination by clicking on the above form. Forms are also available in The Express Newspaper and from Council’s Customer Service Centres.
Competition terms and conditions:
- Nominations close 9 December 2022 and are open to residential and business addresses located within the Mareeba Shire.
- Entrants are required to have their light displays illuminated for judging to occur from 6.00pm to 8.00pm on Monday, 12 December 2022 to Wednesday, 14 December 2022.
- Each category winner will be awarded a cash prize of $150, to be collected from the Mareeba Shire Council, 65 Rankin Street, Mareeba.
- Winners will be notified by phone or email on Friday, 16 December 2022.
- Mareeba Shire Council is collecting your personal information for the purpose of administering your Christmas Lights Competition entry.
- Entrants acknowledge and agree that as a result of entering the competition they are providing their personal information to the Promoters (Mareeba Shire Council and The Express Newspaper) for the purpose of administering the competition, awarding prizes, and publicity (including publication of entrant’s addresses for the purpose of facilitating viewing of entries by the public). Entrants acknowledge and agree that their personal information will be handled in accordance with the Information Privacy Principles contained within the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld).