The half-yearly rate notices for the six month period ending 30 June 2023 have been issued. The discount period closes on Friday 17 March 2023. If you have not received your rate notice, please contact the Rates Department.
HOW CAN I PAY MY RATES?
You can pay your rates in a number of ways. This includes BPay, Australia Post Billpay, EFTPOS including debit and credit card, cash and cheque. To receive the discount, you need to ensure that any transactions are processed and funds cleared into Council’s bank account on or before the discount date.
- Australia Post: Pay safely and securely in person at any Australia Post Office, pay by cash, cheque or credit card (Visa and Mastercard only).
- Australia Post By Phone: Call 13 18 16 at any time of the day for the cost of a local call (within Australia). Visa and MasterCard are accepted, normal call charges apply from public phones, mobile phones and overseas phones.
- Australia Post Billpay: Visit postbillpay.com.au. Use the BillPay Code (4068) and use your BillPay Reference Number (found on your most current rate notice).
- By Cheque: Post a cheque to Mareeba Shire Council, PO Box 154 MAREEBA QLD 4880.
- BPay: Call your financial institution (or by logging onto their website) to pay your rates by cheque or savings account, BPAY Biller Code 228171 and your customer reference number that is found on the bottom of your rate notice in the BPAY box.
- In Person: Mareeba – 65 Rankin Street. Open Monday to Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm (Thursday opening 9.00am). Phone 1300 308 461. Kuranda – 18-22 Arara Street. Council business conducted Monday to Friday, 10.00am – 4.30pm.
DO YOU KNOW ABOUT OUR PAYMENT ARRANGEMENTS?
To help ease the financial burden, Council has a payment arrangement scheme available provided the total amount outstanding is paid by 30 June 2023. This allows you to pay a nominated weekly, fortnightly or monthly amount towards the rates and other charges. You will only receive the 10 per cent discount, if the full amount of rates and charges is paid by Friday 17 March 2023.
Contact Council’s Rates Department for further information. Discount will not be allowed if payment is not received at Council’s Customer Service Centres at the above times by the due date. A pensioner rebate may also apply to those holders of a State Government Pensioner Concession Card or Repatriation Gold Card.
Chief Executive Officer
PO Box 154, MAREEBA QLD 4880