Mareeba is located within an easy one-hour drive from Cairns offering a regional lifestyle with all its benefits in relatively close proximity to Cairns.
As a Technical Officer (Water & Waste), you will provide technical, operational and project delivery support for waste related contracts and services. You will also assist in the development of program planning and prioritisation of water section asset maintenance, renewals and replacement works.
The role will assist with the implementation and oversight for the waste levy data recording and for operational implications that will impact Council due to the introduction of the waste levy. The Technical Officer will be involved in the coordination and implementation of the Council Waste Management Strategy, including the delivery of projects designed to identify new business opportunities for waste services and procedures to increase revenue and service levels of core business activities.
What we are looking for:
- You will have highly developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- You will have demonstrated ability to critically review technical data and prepare reports and correspondence
- You will be well versed in using MS Excel and database applications
- You will have experience in waste, water or related industry data monitoring and reporting
- You will also have demonstrated knowledge of legislation, processes and risk assessment associated with water and waste activities
What we can offer you:
- Permanent, full-time position
- LGOA Level 5/1 – $83,216 per annum
- Mareeba Allowance of $1,651 per annum
- Up to 12% employer superannuation contributions
- 5 weeks annual leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Work/Life balance – 19 day month
- Lifestyle benefits such access to a Fitness passport
- Learning and development opportunities
- Salary sacrificing options
Please send the following documents to email@example.com
- Short cover letter (no more than 300 words)
- Your current resume
- Completed Employment Application form
Applications Close: Midnight Sunday, 12 February 2023
For further information about this position contact Morris Hamill, Manager Water & Waste, on 0407 675 907 (during business hours only).
Mareeba Shire Council is committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity and workplace diversity. We encourage a diverse workforce reflective of our community to better meet the needs of our customers.