Come and work as a vital member of our Customer & Community Services team here at Mareeba Shire Council, located within an easy one-hour drive from Cairns offering a regional lifestyle with all its benefits in relatively close proximity to Cairns
As a Senior Community Engagement Officer, you will plan and conduct community engagement activities, facilitate innovative community partnerships and projects and deliver and coordinate programs, services and activities to support sustainable community groups and meet the most important community needs.
What we are looking for:
- You will need to have experience in a similar role and hold a degree in community engagement or a relevant discipline. If you do not have formal qualifications, you will need to have significant experience in community engagement, especially in a position like this one.
- You will need to have demonstrated exceptional written and oral communication skills including well-developed negotiation, liaison and conflict resolution skills, demonstrated cultural competency to engage and work with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as well as the ability to write complex reports and make recommendations. Please note: your resume and/or cover letter may be considered an example of your written communication skills.
- An understanding of the International Association for Public Participation (IAP2) Framework is desirable.
What we can offer you:
- Permanent, full-time position
- LGOA Level 6/1 – $87,663 per annum
- Mareeba Allowance – up to $1,443 per annum
- Up to 12% employer superannuation contributions
- 5 weeks annual leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Rostered days off (19-day month)
- Lifestyle benefits such as access to a Fitness Passport
- Learning and development opportunities
- Salary sacrificing options
Please send the following documents to email@example.com
- Cover letter (no more than 500 words)
- Your current resume
- Completed Employment Application form
Applications close Tuesday, 12 July 2022.
For further information about this position contact Shellie Buckle, Manager Customer & Community Services, on 07 4086 4673 during business hours only.
Mareeba Shire Council is committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity and workplace diversity. We encourage a diverse workforce reflective of our community to better meet the needs of our customers.