Come and work as a vital member of our Infrastructure Services team here at Mareeba Shire Council, located within an easy one-hour drive from Cairns offering a regional lifestyle with all its benefits in relatively close proximity to Cairns.
We have a range of roles within Council’s Construction & Maintenance and Parks & Gardens teams that arise from time to time.
See below position descriptions for more detailed information about each role.
If you’re interested and have relevant skills for any of the positions, please send your resume and a cover letter (up to 300 words) indicating which role you’re interested in to:
Heavy Plant Operator- Construction & Maintenance – LGEA Level 5 ($2,106.47 per fortnight)
- responsible for the operation and general maintenance of Council plant and equipment for transport infrastructure including heavy plant such as rollers, backhoes, excavators, loaders, job trucks and slashers
- undertake labouring duties and perform manual handling tasks as required
- traffic control duties
Labourer – Construction & Maintenance – LGEA Level 3 ($2,035.01 per fortnight)
- provide high level labouring to assist with the delivery of day to day road maintenance and construction activities across the Shire
- operate mobile plant and performing manual handling tasks
- basic care and routine servicing of designated plant, including submission of plant maintenance reports
Plant Operator – Parks & Gardens – LGEA Level 4 ($2,070.25 per fortnight)
- undertake a variety of duties to assist in the presentation and maintenance of Council’s open spaces
- safely operating and general maintenance of Council’s plant, equipment and other machinery
- general duties such as mowing, weeding, brush cutting, fertilising, irrigating and other support for the workgroup
Labourer- Parks & Gardens – LGEA Level 3 ($2,035.01 per fortnight)
- deliver a high standard of operational and maintenance support to the Parks and Gardens
- operate Parks and Gardens machinery, plant and equipment and perform all task safely
- assist and undertake landscape construction and maintenance of parks, gardens and playgrounds, including the cleaning of facilities
What we can offer you:
- Permanent, full-time or fixed term opportunities
- Work /Life balance – 9 day fortnight
- Industry Allowance of $55.50 per fortnight and other applicable Award allowances
- Up to 12% employer superannuation contributions
- 5 weeks annual leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Access to pro-rata long service leave after 7 years’ service
- Lifestyle benefits such as access to a Fitness passport
- Learning and development opportunities
- Salary sacrificing options
For any further information about these opportunities, contact MSC’s recruitment team on 07 4086 4500.