Come and work as a vital member of our Customer & Community Services team here at Mareeba Shire Council, located within an easy one-hour drive from Cairns offering a regional lifestyle with all its benefits in relatively close proximity to Cairns.
Our Casual Library Assistants provide relief and additional support for our library branches across the Shire and may be required to work in Council libraries in Mareeba, Kuranda and Dimbulah. This is a casual position with the hours of work being on an ‘as required’ basis depending on the requirements of the branches for relief or additional support.
Our Casual Library Assistants provide library users with customer service, support to utilise reader and reference services and basic assistance in the use of technology and also assist library staff with administration tasks and the development and delivery of library programs and activities.
What we are looking for:
- You will need to have flexible availability to work on an ‘as required’ basis depending on the requirements of the branches for relief or additional support and be willing to travel to work in the library branches in Mareeba, Kuranda and Dimbulah
- You will need to be an effective communicator with excellent customer service skills
- You will need to have strong computer skills with knowledge of current library technologies and practices and have excellent internet research skills
- You will need to have a current Working with Children blue card or the eligibility to obtain
What we can offer you:
- Casual position with the flexibility to work the hours and days that suit you
- LGOA Level 1/1 – $34.04 per hour including 25% casual loading
- Pro-rata Mareeba Allowance
- 5% employer superannuation contribution
- Lifestyle benefits such as access to a Fitness Passport
- Learning and development opportunities
Please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter (no more than 500 words)
- Current resume
- Fully completed Employment Application form
Applications close Thursday, 11 August 2022
For further information about this position contact Andrea Crooks, Library Supervisor Customer & Collections, on 07 4086 4624 during business hours only.
Mareeba Shire Council is committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity and workplace diversity. We encourage a diverse workforce reflective of our community to better meet the needs of our customers.