Come and work as a vital member of our Works team here at Mareeba Shire Council, located within an easy one-hour drive from Cairns offering a regional lifestyle with all its benefits in relatively close proximity to Cairns.
The Labourer Water & Waste will be required to provide high level labouring skills to assist with a variety of maintenance, repair and construction activities within the water reticulation and waste section of Council. This may include strenuous manual activities, operating mobile plant, maintaining underground utilities, working with live sewers, and working in confined spaces.
The position calls for physically demanding work to be undertaken in a hot and humid climate on a daily basis. It is the responsibility of the incumbent to ensure they are and remain physically fit and able to efficiently and consistently undertake these tasks. This includes a requirement for the incumbent to maintain their weight at or below the Safe Working Load (SWL) limit for the machinery and equipment the position is required to operate.
The position is required to assist with afterhours work and be part of an on-call support roster for the water and waste section.
What we are looking for:
- You will be able to undertake manual handling and labouring tasks in hot and humid conditions and follow our safe work practices at all times
- Maintenance of a safe working environment and application of correct manual handling techniques are essential requirements for this position
- You will contribute and work well in a team environment and also be able to work with limited supervision
- You will have sound written and verbal communication skills and be able to follow both written and verbal instructions
You must be physically fit and subject to the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment medical assessment.
What we can offer you:
- Permanent, full-time position
- LGEA Level 3 – $54,100 per annum
- Mareeba Allowance of $1,651 per annum and other allowances as applicable
- Work/Life balance – 9-day fortnight
- 5 weeks annual leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Up to 12% employer superannuation contributions
- Lifestyle benefits such access to a Fitness passport
- Learning and development opportunities
- Salary sacrificing options
Please send the following documents to email@example.com
- Short cover letter (no more than 300 words)
- Your current resume
- Completed Employment Application form
Applications Close: Tuesday, 6 June 2023
For further information about this position contact Anthony Musso, Supervisor Water Reticulation on 0409 123 704 (during business hours only).
Mareeba Shire Council is committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity and workplace diversity. We encourage a diverse workforce reflective of our community to better meet the needs of our customers.