Mareeba is located within an easy one-hour drive from Cairns offering a regional lifestyle with all its benefits in relatively close proximity to Cairns.
As a Labourer Construction & Maintenance in our Western Roads team, you will be based in Dimbulah. This position involves labouring work to assist with a variety of road maintenance and construction activities within the Works Group of Council. The work includes operating mobile plant and performing manual handling tasks. Maintenance of a safe working environment and application of correct manual handling techniques are essential requirements for this position.
What we are looking for:
- You will have to undertake manual handling and labouring tasks in hot and humid conditions and be able to follow our safe work practices
- You will be expected to operate Council plant, machinery and vehicles and work within a team environment with limited supervision
- You will have sound written and verbal communication skills
Essential Qualifications, Experience & Skills (Mandatory for the position)
- Current MR/HR class driver licence or be able to obtain one within 6 months of employment
- Queensland Construction White Card, or National equivalent.
- Current Traffic Control Accreditation prior to commencement of employment or be eligible to obtain accreditation
- Traffic Management Level 1 (MUTCD) or ability and willingness to acquire this qualification
The role is physically demanding and requires you to be physically fit and will be subject to the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment medical assessment.
What we can offer you:
- Permanent, full-time position
- LGEA Level 3 – $2,035.01 per fortnight
- Work/Life balance – 9 day fortnight
- Industry Allowance of $55.50 per fortnight and other award allowances as applicable
- 5 weeks annual leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Up to 12% employer superannuation contributions
- Lifestyle benefits such access to a Fitness passport
- Learning and development opportunities
- Salary sacrificing options
Please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter (no more than 300 words)
- Your current resume
- Completed Employment Application form
Applications Close: Thursday, 29 September 2022
For further information about this position contact Darrin Hastie, Coordinator – Transport Infrastructure, on 0429 611 049 (during business hours only).
Mareeba Shire Council is committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity and workplace diversity. We encourage a diverse workforce reflective of our community to better meet the needs of our customers.