Come and work as a vital member of our Customer & Community Services team here at Mareeba Shire Council, located within an easy one-hour drive from Cairns offering a regional lifestyle with all its benefits in relatively close proximity to Cairns.
Our Customer Service Officers promote a customer-first focus by providing professional customer service to internal and external customers to meet the expectations of Council and the needs of customers and the community.
What we are looking for:
- You will need to have finely honed interpersonal skills to be able to meet the demands of challenging customers and resolve problems that may arise
- You will need to have excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate with a diverse mix of both internal and external customers
- You will need to be able to prioritise your workload and work well under pressure
- You will need to be able to demonstrate your ability to touch type with both speed and accuracy and enter data with precision
- You will have excellent computer skills with a strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
What we can offer you:
- Casual position with the flexibility to work the hours and days that suit you
- LGOA Level 2/1 – $40.33 per hour including 25% casual loading
- Pro-rata Mareeba Allowance
- 5% employer superannuation contribution
- Lifestyle benefits such as access to a Fitness Passport
- Learning and development opportunities
Please send the following documents to email@example.com
- Cover letter (no more than 500 words)
- Current resume
- Fully completed Employment Application form
Applications close Sunday, 14 August 2022
For further information about this position contact Shellie Buckle, Manager Customer & Community Services, on 0412 212 030 during business hours only.
Mareeba Shire Council is committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity and workplace diversity. We encourage a diverse workforce reflective of our community to better meet the needs of our customers.