Mareeba is located within an easy one-hour drive from Cairns offering a regional lifestyle with all its benefits in relatively close proximity to Cairns.
The Civil Designer is responsible for the preparation of infrastructure designs suitable for delivery by both internal and external construction teams. As our Civil Designer, you will be involved in all stages of project development and delivery, including initial site investigation, concept development, detail design and preparation for certification through to providing technical advice to the construction and project management teams to ensure the successful delivery of works.
What we are looking for:
- Strong interpersonal skills and possess sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills in AutoCAD and 12D Design Programme to produce quality and economical designs, within budget for medium to large civil engineering projects.
- An ability to develop concepts designs, construction drawings, bills of quantities, estimates and specifications for various infrastructure projects for Civil, Water, Wastewater and Facilities assets.
- Delivering projects on time as required by customers.
- Demonstrated understanding of the use of relevant Engineering Design Standards.
Essential Qualifications, Experience & Skills (Mandatory for the position)
- Associate Degree or equivalent tertiary qualification
- A minimum of two years’ relevant working experience in engineering design and drafting
- Demonstrated experience in Design Drafting on Civil related projects
- Experience in consulting with public and other government agencies would be highly regarded
- Proven proficiency in the use of AutoCAD and 12D software.
What we can offer you:
- Permanent, full-time position
- LGOA Level 4/1 – $76,209 per annum
- Mareeba Allowance – up to $1,651 per annum
- Up to 12% employer superannuation contributions
- 5 weeks annual leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Rostered day off (19-day month)
- Lifestyle benefits such access to a Fitness passport
- Learning and development opportunities
- Salary sacrificing options
Please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter (no more than 500 words)
- Your current resume
- Completed Employment Application form
For further information about this position visit our website at: https://msc.qld.gov.au/council/employment/vacancies/ or contact Sam Wakeford, Manager Technical Services, on 0439 067 450 (during business hours only).
Mareeba Shire Council is committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity and workplace diversity. We encourage a diverse workforce reflective of our community to better meet the needs of our customers.