Ganger Construction and Maintenance (C&M)
The Ganger C&M assists in the delivery of road maintenance and transport infrastructure construction activities within the Mareeba Shire. The position is a ‘hands on’ role which provides day to day direction and supervision of the team. This position will primarily be based in Mareeba however may be required to undertake work at various locations throughout the shire.
The successful candidate will have experience in road maintenance and related construction activities, and experience in supervising a small work group. They will have the ability to problem solve and work under limited supervision.
The position calls for physically demanding work to be undertaken in a hot and humid climate on a day to day basis. It is the responsibility of the incumbent to ensure they are physically fit and able to efficiently and consistently undertake these tasks. This includes a requirement for the incumbent to maintain their weight at or below the Safe Working Load (SWL) for the seat of the machinery and equipment the position is required to operate.
The position of Ganger C&M is broad banded from LGEA Level 6 to Level 8. Employees appointed to these positions will have the opportunity to advance based on skills, competence, qualifications and experience.
Further responsibilities and requirements for the position are detailed in the position description.
Benefits of this position:
- Permanent, full time position
- Starting salary level for this position spans between LGEA Level 6 ($2,087.60 per fortnight) to LGEA Level 8 ($2,240.04 per fortnight), depending on the experience and qualifications of the successful candidate
- Industry Allowance of $55.50 per fortnight + other allowances as applicable
- Up to 12% superannuation
- Rostered Day Off every fortnight
- 5 weeks annual leave
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Sunday 31 May 2020
To apply for the position, submit the following documents to our recruitment email address – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fully completed Employment Application Form
- Cover letter detailing relevant experience, no longer than 500 words
- Current Resume
For further information, if required, contact Grant Bell, Foreperson C&M on 0400 810 540 during business hours only.